StoreFront useful links
Apogee StoreFront and Asanti StoreFront are the web-to-print solutions of Agfa Graphics. They enable print service providers to create and manage online stores for offset as well as digital print. The online help for StoreFront can be accessed from StoreCenter, the web-based backoffice application. This page provides links to additional sources of information, including pages created by the Agfa team or services that integrate well with StoreFront.
Agfa Graphics provides extensive technical and expert services, so that you have the knowledge and support you need to run a productive and profitable business. Please contact your local Agfa Services team or dealer if you have questions regarding the use of Apogee StoreFront or Asanti StoreFront.
Questions can also be posted on the APOGEEnetwork forums, preferably in the 'Portal' section. Existing StoreFront users can register for free on this page.
By subscribing to the StoreFront Newsflash newsletter, you receive regular e-mails about upcoming releases, new service information and handy tips or tricks.
Technotes and training videos
For questions that pop up regularly, we post technotes on this site. Topics that are covered include:
- Tips and tricks - Working with online payments
- Tips and tricks - Ordering and shipping
- Tips and tricks - How to create the perfect home page
- Using image libraries in the Online Editor
- Compatibility with Adobe InDesign
- Security & privacy
- Adding optional content such as a QR code to a document
- Adding product links to pages
- Using scripts in pages
- Making public stores customer and search friendly
- Using the pitch tool
- Adding a contact form or poll to a storefront page
- Exporting order item data using the MIS Export Module
- Using a grammar checker for product descriptions and store pages
Training videos are posted on the Agfa Graphics Youtube channel .
- How to use nested frames
- How to use list variables
- How to personalize a store using access labels
- How to customize the purchase order code notification
- How to use variable size documents and custom media sizes
- How to split orders
- How to configure preflighting in the Online Editor
- How to order products for variable data printing
- How to define multiple stock levels for a single product
- How to use image libraries in the Online Editor.
- How to personalize a business card and add a QR code
- How to promote Apogee StoreFront using the pitch tool
- How to export an order summary from Apogee Prepress
- How to customize the look of a web-to-print shop
- How to use a real-time shipping quote for print orders shipped by UPS
- How to add a help layer to a customizable product
- How to add links to popular products to the home page
StoreFront Academy videos are available as direct downloads. They are not in HD quality and not edited extensively, so these do not get posted on YouTube.
- Academy 02 2017 (55 min, 177 MB) - What is new in StoreFront version 4.0
- Academy 12 2016 (57 min, 187 MB) - Personalisation, anchors & v4 preview
- Academy 07 2016 (51 min, 180 MB) - What is new in StoreFront version 3.5
- Academy 02 2016 (36 min, 140 MB) - What is new in StoreFront version 3.1
- Academy 12 2015 (32 min, 118 MB) - UTM codes, oversized banners, MIS Export option
- Academy 11 2015 (50 min, 153 MB) - Customer interaction, hyphenating text, v3.1 preview
- Academy 06 2015 (43 min, 113 MB) - FUD, StoreFront version 3.0, the spcr
- Academy 05 2015 (41 min, 101 MB) - Customer acquisition, saved searches, the 'image' button
- Academy 02 2015 (44 min, 119 MB) - 2014 busiest stores, custom invoices, what is new in v2.3.1
- Academy 12 2014 (47 min, 207 MB) - What is new in StoreFront version 2.3
The StoreFront Newsflash newsletter contains StoreFront related news, tips and tricks. To subscribe, fill in the subscription form.
- 2017-09-15 - StoreFront 4.0.5, HTML5 editor & splitting columns
- 2017-08-14 - GDPR & analyzing store searches
- 2017-07-31 - Fancy FAQ pages & configuring Chrome
- 2017-07-19 - Looking ahead & easy redirects
- 2017-06-02 - StoreFront 4.0.4, folder icons & resistance to change
- 2017-04-25 - StoreFront 4.0.3 & the web-to-print honeymoon
- 2017-03-17 - StoreFront 4.0.1
- 2017-03-03 - Going responsive
- 2017-02-10 - Version 4.0 & Chrome 56 update
- 2017-02-06 - StoreFront 4.0
- 2017-01-24 - What's ahead, Academy & new support pages
- 2016-12-20 - Best wishes, InDesign color names
- 2016-12-09 - Informative banners, Academy & SEO
- 2016-11-30 - Academy, home pages & exporting stock levels
- 2016-11-10 - CC 2017, languages & tweaking order panels
- 2016-10-10 - 3.5.3 update & cross-selling
- 2016-09-16 - 3.5.2 update, convenience & smart signs
- 2016-07-26 - 3.5.1 update, a few tips & CS end-of-life
- 2016-07-08 - Thinking out of the box, action comments
- 2016-06-30 - July update, Academy & an InDesign tip
- 2016-06-03 - Version 3.5 & accented characters in QR codes
- 2016-04-18 - Company culture, new InDesign plug-in & things to try
- 2016-03-14 - 3.1.1 update, lining versus oldstyle numerals & environmental icons
- 2016-03-04 - How to copy an action & choose a PSP
- 2016-02-16 - Custom font menu, successful B2C stores, Ingenico logos
- 2016-02-08 - StoreFront 3.1
- 2015-12-14 - Best wishes, Academy reminder
- 2015-12-04 - Academy, How to work with images, 2015 poll, Ingenico changes
- 2015-11-27 - Roadmap poll, Academy video, automatically generating email addresses
- 2015-11-02 - Single sign-on
- 2015-10-21 - Social media buttons, new Online Help, using Sender Policy Framework (SPF)
- 2015-10-12 - Don't index test stores, successful storefronts, ID plug-in, clip-art links
- 2015-09-28 - Web-to-print sales demo tricks, optimizing print production, testing PayPal
- 2015-08-26 - Creating attractive artwork
- 2015-08-05 - What is new in v3.0.6, how search works, shopping cart abandonment
- 2015-07-15 - InDesign CS 2015 plug-in, keeping older releases of InDesign, upgrading Flash
- 2015-07-06 - Academy video, best 'About us' page, registering a US address
- 2015-06-23 - Integrating a DAM system, PayPal URL changes
StoreFront is currently at version 4.0.5. On the server status page you can see when each update occurred.
The StoreFront Starterkit is a 35 MB download that contains artwork, sales presentations & other tools to create stores and sell the web-to-print service to your customers.
StoreFront is mainly used for private stores but there are print service providers who created public stores with it. A small selection is listed on this page about web-to-print stores powered by StoreFront.
Other resources that can be useful for StoreFront admins:
- Favicon.cc and converticon.com are our favorite sites to create a favicon.
- Subtle Patterns and Tileables are excellent resources for background patterns.
- Environmental icons can also be useful in a store.
- Stripemania is great for creating striped backgrounds.
- Free credit card icons can be found here , here and here. The official Ingenico icons have be found here. Application & file icons can be downloaded here and here.
- Tagxedo or Wordle word clouds can be used as category images.
- ZXing Decoder - no smartphone at hand? take a screenshot of a QR code & upload it to this page to check if it works.
- DMCinfo has a page to generate the code for a vCard or MECARD QR code. The ZXing site has a similar tool.
- Chat services: Zendesk Chat and Olark chat services can be integrated in the home page of a web-to-print store. Only these two have been tested but other chat services may work just as well.
- Newsletters: MailChimp is one of the many email marketing services that enable you to integrate a newsletter subscription page to a store. This page explains why email marketing is the key to ecommerce success.
- For link validation use Open Site Explorer to check incoming links to a public store.
- The Google URL builder makes it easy to use UTM-codes so you can track the success of e-mail campaigns, tweets or other links using Google Analytics.
- After the Honeymoon of Selling Web-to-Print Program
- Sales need to be involved in your web-to-print projects
- Making web-to-print part of your culture
- Don’t try and train your customers
- Is your web-to-print solution under-utilized?
- When marketing web-to-print, don’t call it web-to-print!
- Top 5 web-to-print sales demonstration tips
- On Twitter follow @APOGEEnetwork for general Apogee news and @LaurensLeurs for StoreFront, web & ecommerce related tweets.
- How to find time to build your ccommerce empire
- Why email marketing is the key to ecommerce success
- 60 SEO & marketing tips for ecommerce sites
- The Holy Grail of ecommerce conversion optimization - a 91 Point Checklist
- 96 SEO wins
- The definitive guide to UTM tagging
- 7 things you should learn from the customer who doesn’t convert
- Optimizing your ’About Us’ Page