Screening Advanced Tutorial
About this advanced tutorial
In this Advanced Tutorial you will learn all about the screening options in :APOGEE Prepress. You learn how to use Ruling Maps, Halftone Screens and Fixed Screening.
This Advanced Tutorial is divided into a series of 10 lessons. In these lessons, you will learn how to:
- Display the screen and halftone screen settings.
- Install a halftone screen for your output device.
- Change the screen angles for spot colors.
- Define a default screen in the Halftone Screen resources.
- Create a ruling map and use it to process a job.
- Use Fixed Screening to overrule all screening settings in the incoming document and replace them with the screening settings defined in the ticket.
- Separately specify the screening settings for objects and images.
- Work with application dot shapes and angles by taking them from the information provided in the incoming document.
- Keep the halftone settings that are set in :APOGEE Prepress for incoming documents.
- Import and use a custom dot shape to process a document.
Who Should Follow this Tutorial
This tutorial has been prepared for Administrators and Operators who want to learn about Screening in Agfa Apogee Prepress by performing step-by-step procedures.
You will need approximately 2 hours to complete the lessons in this Advanced Tutorial.
- Advanced Tutorial Objectives
- Before You Begin
- Contact Us
- Lesson 1: Screening in :APOGEE Prepress
- Lesson 2: Installing Halftone Screens
- Lesson 3: Defining Spot Color Angles
- Lesson 4: Default Screening
- Lesson 5: Creating a Ruling Map
- Lesson 6: Using Fixed Screening
- Lesson 7: Using Separate Screen Settings for Objects and Images
- Lesson 8: Working with Application Dot Shapes and Angles
- Lesson 9: Preserving Halftone Information
- Lesson 10: Using Custom Dot Shapes