About this advanced tutorial
When :APOGEE Prepress processes a color job, the color images are separated into four layers corresponding to the four process colors used in printing: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black (CMYK). If the job also contains spot colors, you can request that extra separations are created for each spot color found.
This Advanced Tutorial explains how you can determine and control the number of separations that are produced by :APOGEE Prepress when you create a job. You can do this either from a Production Plan that you create on the :APOGEE Prepress Client, or from within your front-end layout application or Adobe Acrobat using the appropriate plug-in.
This Advanced Tutorial also explains how to add colors to your own customized color book, and how to create a process color exception.
This Advanced Tutorial is divided into a series of 4 lessons. In these lessons, you will learn how to:
- Set up a job that will notify you if any input documents contain spot colors. You will then input a sample document which contains a spot color. After you receive the notification, you will use the :APOGEE Prepress Client to edit the job, and create an additional separation for the spot color.
- Control the way in which separations are generated from within your frontend Acrobat application, using a special application plug-in.
- Create a new customized color book, and add to it the color values for a color which was found in the job, but which is not available in any of the preinstalled Color Books.
- Modify a converted spot color in your job, by creating a process color exception.
Who Should Follow this Tutorial
This tutorial has been prepared for Administrators and Operators who want to learn about Separation Handling in Agfa Apogee Prepress by performing step-by-step procedures.
You will need approximately 3 hours to complete the lessons in this Advanced Tutorial.
- Advanced Tutorial Objectives
- Before You Begin
- Contact Us
- Lesson 1: Separation Handling in :APOGEE Prepress - Fully included in the sample file
- Lesson 2: Controlling Separations in Acrobat
- Lesson 3: Using a Custom Color Book
- Lesson 4: Creating a Process Color Exception
Download the Separation Handling Advanced Tutorial sample file.
Download the resources for Lesson 1.
Contact your local Agfa sales or service representative to purchase the full version of this advanced tutorial or send us an email.