System Configuration Advanced Tutorial
About this advanced tutorial
This Advanced Tutorial is intended for :APOGEE Prepress administrators. It provides you with information about Job Housekeeping, including Archiving.
You will also learn about Job Logging and System Logging. Finally, you will learn how to manage disk space and how to rename Task Processors.
What is Job Housekeeping in :APOGEE Prepress?
Job Housekeeping consists of three tasks:
- Archiving jobs
Archiving jobs means that you export them out of the :APOGEE Prepress System and save them remotely. You can keep the archived jobs for later use while you avoid taking up :APOGEE Prepress disk space that you may need to process jobs. If necessary, you can import the Job Archive, this is the archived job data, back into the :APOGEE Prepress System in order to reprocess or output jobs again.
- Deleting jobs
Jobs that are finished can automatically be deleted. You can specify this in the Options tab. Deleting a job means that the job's documents, processing results and internal structures are deleted. The job description and the Job Log are kept.
- Cleaning up deleted jobs
Cleaning up deleted jobs means that you delete the jobs completely from the system. You can, however, keep the deleted jobs on the system for a certain period of time.
This Advanced Tutorial is divided into a series of 7 lessons. In these lessons, you will learn how to:
- Configure your :APOGEE Prepress archiving settings.
- Archive a sample job, examine the contents of the archive, and then import the archived job back into your Job List.
- Specify different archiving options for a series of jobs. You will then examine how each of the jobs is handled by :APOGEE Prepress.
- Set up and view the :APOGEE Prepress Job Log.
- Set up and view the :APOGEE Prepress System Log.
- Use the :APOGEE Prepress disk management resources.
- Customize the names of your Task Processors.
Who Should Follow this Tutorial
This tutorial has been prepared for Administrators and Operators who want to learn about the system configuration settings in Agfa Apogee Prepress by performing step-by-step procedures.
Before you start the lessons in this Advanced Tutorial, make sure that you are logged on to the :APOGEE Prepress System with Administrator access level.
You will need approximately 2 hours to complete the lessons in this Advanced Tutorial.
- Advanced Tutorial Objectives
- Contact Us
- Before You Begin
- About Job Housekeeping
- Lesson 1: Configuring Job Housekeeping/Archiving Settings - Fully included in the sample file
- Lesson 2:Creating and Importing an Archive
- Lesson 3:Archiving Jobs Automatically
- Lesson 4:Job Logging
- Lesson 5:System Logging
- Lesson 6:Managing Disk Space
- Lesson 7:Renaming Task Processors
Download the System Configuration Advanced Tutorial sample file.
Contact your local Agfa sales or service representative to purchase the full version of this advanced tutorial or send us an email.