Hard Copy Proofing Advanced Tutorial
About this advanced tutorial
This tutorial addresses all :APOGEE Prepress features related to hard copy proofing. The exercises concern all types of proof creation features, from high quality contract proofs with certification validation on Agfa proofers to content proofs on a third-party proofer.
This Advanced Tutorial is divided into a series of 7 lessons (158 pages). In these lessons, you will learn how to:
- Proofing with sheets, rolls, ganging
- Certified proofing (or contract proofing)
- QMS: calibration and characterization with Closed Loop Profile Optimization
- Certified Proofing Toolkit
- Epson X900 with automatic report generation
- Imposition proofing
- Working with flats
- Create double-sided proofs
- Create proofs from digital film
- Remote Proofing
- GDI Proofing: driving third-party proofers
- SherpaDot: create screened proofs with true dot-for-dot
- Additional Digital Film Proof feature: digital overlay and speed or quality improvement
Who Should Follow this Tutorial
This tutorial has been prepared for Administrators and Operators who want to learn about hard copy proofing in Agfa Apogee Prepress by performing step-by-step procedures.
You will need approximately 1 whole day to complete the lessons in this Advanced Tutorial.
- Advanced Tutorial Objectives
- Before You Begin
- Arranging Windows to Monitor Jobs in Progress
- Contact Us
- Lesson 1: Working with Pages - Fully included in the sample file
- Lesson 2: Certified Proofing
- Lesson 3: Working with Flats (Imposition Proofing)
- Lesson 4: Remote Proofing
- Lesson 5: GDI Proofing
- Lesson 6: SherpaDot (Dot for Dot)
- Lesson 7: Digital Film Proof Options
Download the Hard Copy Proofing Advanced Tutorial sample file.
Download the Hard Copy Proofing Advanced Tutorial resource files.
Contact your local Agfa sales or service representative to purchase the full version of this advanced tutorial or send us an email.