Fix PDFInconsistencies v7.0.6
Apogee Preflight Action List
Apogee Prepress 7
What it does
The action ap_Fix PDFInconsistencies v7.0.6 combines several actions which change the PDF so that it renders correctly in all circumstances.
These actions are:
- Disable the overprint for ICC based objects.
The PDF specification says that ICC based objects cannot have overprint, but some applications (renderers) don't honor this.
- Resolve registration colors (All) which are in the content (within trimbox) on a page basis.
This prevents the content from changing when you impose pages or add spotcolors (rule-ups, impose marks, ...)
- Inspect the colors in the document and inform the Apogee PDFRender when these spotcolors need to be treated specially.
The PDFRender emulate overprint option will be automatically enabled.
- Convert NChannel objects in overprint to DeviceN objects.
NChannel objects are more complex and can cause issues when using press retargeting and inksave.
- Already resolve the CTM in the clippath.
An object with a clippath and transformation matrix (CTM) can cause white lines when placed in Adobe Indesign CS5 or earlier.