Versioning Advanced Tutorial
About this advanced tutorial
This Advanced Tutorial explains how to use the Versioning Task Processor to create jobs which contain several different versions, and to choose the optimal set of plates to be made. The main purpose is to generate accurate proofs of the different plate versions before assembly and output.
The Versioning feature allows you to create jobs which contain several different versions, typically for jobs which contain the same background (CMY plates) but have different text for languages or prices (black plate).
If, for example, you want to publish a brochure in six different languages, you can include the Versioning Task Processor in your Production Plan, and then print several different language versions of the brochure using one single job.
This allows you to reduce the number of plates required for the job in an easy and manageable way, and to ensure accurate proofing of the plates before committing them to output.
This Advanced Tutorial is divided into a series of 6 lessons (74 pages). In these lessons, you will learn how to:
- Create a basic versioning job using a set of input files which contain images (common for all versions) and specific version data (which differs for each individual version).
- Produce a versioning job which uses automatic page placement. The job will contain 3 flows: a Main flow, an imposition proofing flow and a page proofing flow.
- Create a versioning job where images and version-specific files are delivered separately. The job will include language versions and currency versions, resulting in 7 printable versions.
- Create a versioning job from a PDF with layered content. The PDF file contains a default layer (common data) and 3 version-specific layers: English, French and German.
- Create a versioning job from multiple PDFs where version-specific data is printed on a 5th plate.
- Create a 16-page job in three languages: English, French and German. However, the address on page 16 of the job will be different for the various countries in a language group.
Who Should Follow this Tutorial
This tutorial has been prepared for Administrators and Operators who want to learn about Versioning in Agfa Apogee Prepress by performing step-by-step procedures.
You will need approximately 5 hours to complete the lessons in this Advanced Tutorial.
- Advanced Tutorial Objectives
- Before You Begin
- Contact Us
- About Versioning
- Lesson 1: Creating a Basic Versioning Job
- Lesson 2: Versioning with Proofing and Auto-Placement
- Lesson 3: Creating a Job Using Version Elements
- Lesson 4: Creating a Versioning Job with PDF Layers - Fully included in the sample file
- Lesson 5: Versioning with a 5th Plate and DQS
- Lesson 6: Advanced Versioning
Download the Versioning Advanced Tutorial sample file.
Download the Versioning Advanced Tutorial resource files.
Contact your local Agfa sales or service representative to purchase the full version of this advanced tutorial or send us an email.